Splunk Search

How can I extract specified fields from the log files uploaded in Splunk thru a UI?

tankhanandita
Explorer

I have created a UI which loads the user selected log file in Splunk. Now I have to extract some fields from that file and display that in a table format. How can I do it?
For the UI, I am using jsp and servlets.

0 Karma
1 Solution

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Just run a search with something like this:

index=YourIndexHere | table YourFieldOne YourFieldTwo

View solution in original post

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Just run a search with something like this:

index=YourIndexHere | table YourFieldOne YourFieldTwo
0 Karma

tankhanandita
Explorer

Thank you so much for your help. I did the same thing. It was a careless mistake i was trying to wrong fields from the log files.
Again thank u very much.

0 Karma

tankhanandita
Explorer

I have another question.Kindly help on this one also
I have extracted certain feilds using java sdk from splunk with the table command. How can i view that data as a table in my java form.
or
The data extracted is in the form of job. How can i convert that data into string, so that i can apply conditional operators on that data.

Thanks in advance for your help.

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

You are better off clicking Accept on this question and asking a new one. At this point, you and I are probably the only ones listening and you need a broader audience.

0 Karma

tankhanandita
Explorer

But what if my index contains multiple files that have some common fields and i only want to retrieve the data from one file and not all the files?

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

This is basic stuff.

index=YourIndexHere source=MyOneSourceFileHere | table YourFieldOne YourFieldTwo
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...