Splunk Search

How can I extract a full list of usernames and associated emails from Splunk?

SteveHaleyClark

I'm trying to determine how I can export a full list of usernames and email addresses - can anyone advise?

0 Karma

lguinn2
Legend

It would be really helpful to include more information in your question. For example, where are the user names and email addresses? What format do you want to export them in? Does it matter where the file goes, or does it need to show up on your laptop?
What are the field names?

But I am going to assume that you want to create a CSV file based on the results of a search, and that you want the CSV file to be exported to your laptop. Try this:

yoursearchhere
| table usernames email
| dedup usernames email
| sort usernames

When the search finishes, if it looks like what you want, click the Export button (just below the timerange picker, it is a small down-arrow). Choose CSV for the format and give the file a name. Click the green Export button and so on.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...