Splunk Search

How can I eliminate similar results?

donrtowery

I have a query that is returning similar, but not exact results. In the example results below, I want to get rid of 'New Page' or 'New_Page_Load", they show the same value, so I only need one of them, but I can't filter out everything with the word 'Load', and I can't filter everything missing the word 'Load'. I have several redundant results that need to be filtered out like this, where the first two words of each result match.

New_Page
New_Page_Load
Old_Page_Load
Exit_Page

Tags (1)
0 Karma

donrtowery

sorry, let me clarify a bit. I need to remove similar fields, like this. so new_page and new_page_load have the same data, i need to remove one of these fields. I have several fields with different names, but similar circumstance (first two words match, ie last_page, last_page_load, write_row, write_row_load) and I need to remove 1 of each of these similar named fields because they have identical data.

new_page     new_page_load     old_page    exit_page
      4                            4                        2                 0
      5                            5                        1                 5
      6                            6                        3                 6
0 Karma

jrballesteros05
Communicator

Can you use "fields"? For example:

fields New_Page, Old_Page_Load, Exit_Page 

Or which conditions do you have?

0 Karma

tiagofbmm
Influencer

Hey

Create a rex to extract the first two words and then dedup on that new field

| rex field=_raw "(?<unique>.*\_[^\_]*)"

Then dedup unique

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...