Splunk Search

How can I compare the results of the same search by a particular date or day of the week/month?

rck

How can I compare the result by a particular week or date for this search?

sourcetype="rum" u=* |stats count,avg(t_done),max(t_done),min(t_done)  by u|sort - max(t_done)
0 Karma

chimell
Motivator

Hi
try this search code just add for example earliest=-3d@d latest=-0d@d

sourcetype="rum" u=* earliest=-3d@d latest=-0d@d|stats count,avg(t_done),max(t_done),min(t_done) by u|sort - max(t_done) 
0 Karma

ngatchasandra
Builder

Hi rck,

Try to run this if you want to get the specific data for the particular date;

sourcetype="rum" u=*|streamstats count,avg(t_done),max(t_done),min(t_done) by u|timechart span=w max(t_done)

This will displays you data for each week.

0 Karma

renjith_nair
Legend

If you just want to list it based on dates , then use timechart

sourcetype="rum" u=* |timechart span=1d count,avg(t_done),max(t_done),min(t_done) by u

OR

sourcetype="rum" u=* |bucket span=1d _time|stats count,avg(t_done),max(t_done),min(t_done) by u,_time|sort - max(t_done)
Happy Splunking!
0 Karma

rck

how can i get the specific data for the particular date

0 Karma

rck

i just want to retrieve the data for the date 11/02/1016,12/02/1016,13/02/1016.how can i specify this.

0 Karma

renjith_nair
Legend

You can set the timerange or adjust the earliest and latest fields to your required date

Happy Splunking!
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...