Splunk Search

How can I compare Todays result with yesterdays?

Teemanny
Engager

I have the code below and I need to get the statuses yesterday and today with respect to API value.
My current search is below. 

index="l7" earliest=-1d@d latest=now
| eval status=case(response_status<400 AND severity="Audit", "Success_count", response_status>=400 and response_status<500, "Backend_4XX",response_status>=500, "Backend_5XX",response_status==0 AND severity="Exception", "L7_Error")
| eval Day=if(_time<relative_time(now(),"@d"),"Yesterday","Today")

I need my data to be grouped separately or side by side. Teemanny_0-1690287931502.png
I need your help in achieving this.

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You can't have two level headers, but you could try combining the values

| eval status=case(response_status<400 AND severity="Audit", Day."_Success_count", response_status>=400 and response_status<500, Day."_Backend_4XX",response_status>=500, Day."_Backend_5XX",response_status==0 AND severity="Exception", Day."_L7_Error")
| chart count by API status

View solution in original post

0 Karma

Teemanny
Engager

Can you please help with time range for 15mins ago in comparison to 15m last week ago.

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Try something like this

(earliest=-7d@m-15m latest=-7d@m) OR (earliest=-15m@m latest=@m)
0 Karma

Teemanny
Engager

This did the trick.

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
| eval status=case(response_status<400 AND severity="Audit", "Success_count", response_status>=400 and response_status<500, "Backend_4XX",response_status>=500, "Backend_5XX",response_status==0 AND severity="Exception", "L7_Error")
| bin _time span=1d
| timechart count by status
| timewrap 1d
0 Karma

Teemanny
Engager

Teemanny_1-1690290262491.png

It summed up the counts, I want all the several count wrt the API names which are over 100.

Teemanny_2-1690290357466.png

something like the screenshot above

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You can't have two level headers, but you could try combining the values

| eval status=case(response_status<400 AND severity="Audit", Day."_Success_count", response_status>=400 and response_status<500, Day."_Backend_4XX",response_status>=500, Day."_Backend_5XX",response_status==0 AND severity="Exception", Day."_L7_Error")
| chart count by API status

0 Karma

Teemanny
Engager

Thank you for the response. It's working now

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Enter the Dashboard Challenge and Watch the .conf24 Global Broadcast!

The Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge is still happening, and it's not too late to enter for the week of ...

Join Us at the Builder Bar at .conf24 – Empowering Innovation and Collaboration

What is the Builder Bar? The Builder Bar is more than just a place; it's a hub of creativity, collaboration, ...

Combine Multiline Logs into a Single Event with SOCK - a Guide for Advanced Users

This article is the continuation of the “Combine multiline logs into a single event with SOCK - a step-by-step ...