Splunk Search

How can I append additional custom values to existing field values obtained from an inputlookup?

tehale

I have an inputlookup xy.csv which is used by multiple searches and has comma separated data. In one of my searches, I want to append a custom value of my desire say "abc" to one of fields (say myfield ) obtained from an inputlookup, keeping all the existing values. More specifically, myfield should have values as myfield=myfield and "abc". I do not want "abc" to be appended at the end of each field value, but I want 'abc' to be a value itself so I can use it furthur for dnslookup by appending domain details.

0 Karma

wpreston
Motivator

One way would be to eval your custom value ("abc") along with a delimiting character (like a comma) onto whichever field you want it to became a value of, then use makemv to make your field into a multi-value field and split the new value into two separate values of the field. Something like this:

... your base search ... | myfield=myfield.",abc" | makemv myfield delim=","

The . in the eval is just a way of concatenating the values of myfield and ",abc" together. Try this out and see if it accomplishes what you need.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...