Splunk Search

How can I add two new fields to my logs?

romgo75

Hello,

On my servers I used combined Apache logs, but I added two other fields at the end of the logs : SSL_PROTOCOL and X-Forwarded-For

LogFormat "%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %O \"%{Referer}i\" \"%{User-Agent}i\" %{SSL_PROTOCOL}x %{X-Forwarded-For}i" combined

The logs look like this :

192.168.1.1 - - [28/Aug/2017:22:27:26 +0200] "GET /production/file HTTP/1.1" 200 601 "-" "Ruby" TLSv1.2

or
192.168.1.1 - - [28/Aug/2017:22:27:26 +0200] "GET /production/file HTTP/1.1" 200 601 "-" "Ruby" TLSv1.2 192.168.2.1 192.168.6.2

With default access_combined sourcetype the PROTOCOL and X-Forwarded are located in other fields. But I would like to add two new fields for that like TLS_version and xforwarded.

Any idea on how to do this ?

regards

0 Karma

romgo75

I will answer to my own question :

just with using extractor field with regexp I was able to create those two new fields.

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@romgo75, please go ahead and accept your own answer to mark this question as answered. For reference, following is the link to Splunk Docs for Interactive Field Extraction in Splunk.

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/Knowledge/ExtractfieldsinteractivelywithIFX

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...