Splunk Search

How can I add a name from a lookup CSV file to a tstats command data model?

cesar_tomas
Explorer

Hello Everyone,

I want in my reports display the name of the owner instead of the IP address.
My report right now shows the IP, so I created a lookup CSV file in which the IP is associated with the name. What I want is to replace the IP with the name in the lookup and have that appear in the report.

The problem here is that the search is using the tstats command and the IP comes from an accelerated data model that does not include the field name that appears in my CSV file.

How can I retrieve the name that is in my CSV file instead of the IP field that is on the data model?

0 Karma

lguinn2
Legend

What about this? I think you have just messed up the event field name (log.scrip) that needs to be used for the lookup.

| tstats summariesonly=f count FROM datamodel="modela" where nodename="log.traffic" log.srcip="*" log.dstip="*"  (log.suser="*" OR log.user="") (log.app="*" OR log.app="") log.vd="*" log.devname="*"   log.srcintf="*" log.dstintf="*"  groupby log.srcip 
| lookup lookup.csv srcip as log.srcip OUTPUT  name 
| sort -count | head 20

You didn't provide the information about the CSV file, but I will assume (1) the file has been loaded as a lookup into Splunk and (2) the first line of the CSV file contains at least

scrip,name
0 Karma

renjith_nair
Legend

Please provide your current search and lookup file headers. someone might be able to help

Happy Splunking!
0 Karma

cesar_tomas
Explorer

This is my current search:

| tstats summariesonly=f count FROM datamodel="modela" where nodename="log.traffic" log.srcip="*" log.dstip="*"  (log.suser="*" OR log.user="") (log.app="*" OR log.app="") log.vd="*" log.devname="*"   log.srcintf="*" log.dstintf="*"  groupby log.srcip | lookup lookup.csv srcip as srcip OUTPUT  name as name | sort -count | head 20

but the results only shows the srcip field and i want the srcip field (which is an ip address ) and the owner of that ip (the field name which is the field extracted in my lookup file)

Thanks and regards.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...