Splunk Search

Help with timewrap Command

Shashank_87
Explorer

Hi, I am trying to show a comparison of traffic on my website for today, yesterday and last week. I am using below query for getting the results. My query is if i put that into a chart then on x-axis, i get time field which shows time for last 24 hours. So what does it mean exactly?
I mean does it show the 7 days before on this time, this was the traffic? I am not able to get the _time field understanding here.
Can someone help?

index=web_prod sourcetype=access_combined req_content="/" earliest=-8d@d latest=now
| timechart count span=1h
| timewrap d
| table _time 1day_before 7days_before latest_day

0 Karma

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The timewrap normalises all the time series on to the same time window, i.e. in your case the last 24 hours. It will create a new series for each of the days going back in time in your search time range

I think your field names are not quite right

| table _time 1day_before 7days_before latest_day

Missing '_' character in fields 

Jegan
Engager

This would work

index=webprod sourcetype=accesscombined reqcontent="/" | timechart count span=1h | timewrap d | table _time, _span, 1daybefore, 7daysbefore, latestday

0 Karma

Jegan
Engager

Got answer for the above?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...