Splunk Search

Help in setting up token based on User Value

shivamagrawa
Explorer

Hello,

I am trying to display couple of Dashboard Panels only to a specific user. For that i am trying to get the username and set the token if its matches with a certain value.

But somehow if i use condition tag its not working and "have_access" token is not getting set.

<row>
    <panel>
      <search>
<query>| rest /services/authentication/current-context splunk_server=local  | eval access=if(username="kkan","True","False") | where access = True</query>

<preview>
   <condition match=" 'job.resultCount' != 0">
      <set token="have_access">True</set>
    </condition>
</preview>

</search>
   </panel>
 </row>

<row>
    <panel depends="$have_access$">

Anyone , @niketn  please help.

Labels (1)
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Have you tried without the surrounding preview elements?

0 Karma

shivamagrawa
Explorer

Yes, i have removed the preview tag, but getting the error..

Node <condition> is not allowed here

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

OK try <done> instead of <preview>

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer at Splunk .conf24 ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...