Splunk Search

Help in field extraction/transformation

timgren
Path Finder

I have a JSON log entry with  key-value pairs within the field component. I'm trying to transform the field into sub-fields using the key-value pairs. 

Example:

"msg":{"additionalValues":"{responseTime=137, synapseTag=None, serviceName=switching-integration, uri=com.bigcompany.switching, responseCode=200}", <more fields>,...}

For Splunk,  I can pull one field, referenced as "msg.additionalValues". But I can't seem to transform the KVP's within that field into sub-fields.  (such as "msg.additionalvalues.responseTime", and msg.additionalvalues.synapseTag, etc ) 

Any ideas? 

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Karma

venkatasri
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @timgren 

It looks like the solution in other post might satisfy your requirement. Solved: Re: How to extract fields from child node - Splunk Community 

-------------------------------------------------------------

An upvote would be appreciated if it helps!

0 Karma

timgren
Path Finder

Well, Not really as that is an inline rex of known fields, not a transformation of subfields which can be a variety of names.  But thanks. A transformation at time of ingestion is what I'm after. 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...