Splunk Search

Group by a substring within a event results

akash_burnwal
Engager

I am actually new to splunk and trying to learn . Is there a way to group by the results based on a particular string. Although i found some of the answers here already, but its confusing for me. It will be really helpful if someone can answer based on my use case. 

Below is the sample log that i am getting:

[2022-01-19T13:30:15.664+00:00] [odi] [ERROR] [ODI-1134] [oracle.odi.agent] [tid: 304720] [ecid: 0000NtmXuVIC^qqMwMmZMG1XqvzZ000cRu,0:68:129:176:208:135] [oracle.odi.runtime.MrepExtId: 1501670917734] [oracle.odi.runtime.AgentName: OracleDIAgent2] [oracle.odi.runtime.ExecPhase: ExecuteTask] [oracle.odi.runtime.OdiUser: _odi] [oracle.odi.runtime.WrepName: WORKREP] [oracle.odi.runtime.ScenarioName: WEB_BOOKINGS_MV] [oracle.odi.runtime.ScenarioVer: 001] [oracle.odi.runtime.LoadPlanName: wfl_WebDataSet_MV_Refresh_2TimesAD] 

I want to group the results based on oracle.odi.runtime.LoadPlanName and find the latest log of it. Could someone please assist.

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You could try something like this

| rex "\[oracle\.odi\.runtime\.LoadPlanNam: (?<LoadPlanName>[^\]]*)\]"
| stats latest(_raw) as _raw by LoadPlanName

View solution in original post

0 Karma

akash_burnwal
Engager

No, the field is not extracted. what i meant by grouping is based on oracle.odi.runtime.LoadPlanName string i want to filter the results. So consider that , i have 3 results as mentioned above which had [oracle.odi.runtime.LoadPlanName : "abc"]  and for [oracle.odi.runtime.LoadPlanName : "cde"] i have another 3 results. In this case, i want to fetch only the latest log for each of them. 

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You could try something like this

| rex "\[oracle\.odi\.runtime\.LoadPlanNam: (?<LoadPlanName>[^\]]*)\]"
| stats latest(_raw) as _raw by LoadPlanName
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Has this field already been extracted?

What do you mean by group?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...