log1:
ID, value1
1,aaa
1,abc

log2:
ID, value2
1,X1
1,X4
When join the two logs with source=log1 join type=inner ID [search source=log2] , it will get results like
ID,value1,value2
1,aaa,X1
1,abc,X1
How can I get the full join of the two logs like:
ID,value1,value2
1,aaa,X1
1,abc,X1
1,aaa,X4
1,abc,X4
Thanks!

Tags (1)
1 Solution

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You're probably looking for the max=0 option of the join command, enabling the re-use of a previously joined event for more joins. Note though, for large inputs this may yield huge result sets.

View solution in original post

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You're probably looking for the max=0 option of the join command, enabling the re-use of a previously joined event for more joins. Note though, for large inputs this may yield huge result sets.

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The question of how to get the full join was indeed solved by setting max=0. If you have a different problem not solved by this you should ask a separate question.

0 Karma

smolcj
Builder

😞 How this is solved?? even i am looking for same solution.. i have 3 joins in my query 😞 but appending max=0 didn't solve my issue 😞

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...