Splunk Search

First and Last event of Transaction

Shashank_87
Explorer

Hi, I am working on a query where I need to join some events using a transaction command in Splunk. Below is my query where I am joining a particular web service request with a response using a "requestID" and then extracting the data. Now what happens is if the response contains an error, it will again try and may be next time it gets success. requestID remains same here.
Right now this query is just using the 1st response event which it encounters and reported as error even if it is not.

How do i extract the last of the responses so that i get the updated data whether it resulted in an error or success.

index=temp ("SoapMessage" "GetCustomerRequest") OR ("SoapMessage" "GetCustomerResponse")
| rex field=_raw ">(?[^<]+)<\/\w+?:requestID>"
| transaction requestID startswith="GetCustomerRequest" endswith="GetCustomerResponse" keepevicted=true
| search eventcount > 1

0 Karma

xavierashe
Contributor

try this:

index=temp ("SoapMessage" "GetCustomerRequest") OR ("SoapMessage" "GetCustomerResponse")
| rex field=_raw "\>(?[^\<]+)\<\/\w+?\:requestID\>"
| transaction requestID startswith="GetCustomerRequest" endswith="GetCustomerResponse" keepevicted=true mvlist=true
| search eventcount > 1
| eval  last_response=mvindex(response, -1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...