Splunk Search

Find time difference between two events with different search conditions and same keys, compile all difference by keys?

roshankandeIntu
Loves-to-Learn Lots

Hey splunk community!

I need to create a search query to find instances where the time between a "Cache set' log from my application and a "Cache miss" log is not equal to a certain value(The configured TTL), for any cache key.

I've attempted starting with a particular key(sampleKey) but the end goal is to tabularize these results for all keys.

Here's my attempt to calculate the time difference for a sampleKey, between the set and miss times :

index= authzds-e2e* "setting value into memcached" "key=sampleKey" [search index=authzds-e2e* "Cache status=miss" "key=sampleKey" | stats latest(_time) as missTime ] | stats earliest(_time) as setTime| eval timeDiff=setTime-missTime

My goal is to calculate the difference between consecutive set and miss events, key-wise (not earliest/latest as in the above query)

Labels (5)
0 Karma

yuanliu
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You can use transaction.

index= authzds-e2e* ("setting value into memcached" OR "Cache status=miss")
| transaction key startswith="Cache status=miss" endswith="setting value into memcached"
| stats avg(duration) by key

Of course, transaction is expensive.  So use stats 

Tags (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...