Splunk Search

Filtering based on quantity of list() results

Sam2
Explorer

Hello all,

I have this search:

...| streamstats window=1 global=false current=f last(_time) as next_time by cs_host,username| eval gap = next_time - _time |search gap>350| stats list(gap) by cs_host,username

which draws a nice table, grouped by list(gap). However, I'd like to remove any rows in the table that only have one results of list(gap), but am struggling with the syntax. Can anyone help please?

Tags (1)
1 Solution

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

How about this:

... | streamstats window=1 global=false current=f last(_time) as next_time by cs_host,username| eval gap = next_time - _time | search gap>350 | stats count list(gap) by cs_host username | where count > 1

View solution in original post

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

How about this:

... | streamstats window=1 global=false current=f last(_time) as next_time by cs_host,username| eval gap = next_time - _time | search gap>350 | stats count list(gap) by cs_host username | where count > 1

Sam2
Explorer

Yes, that works! I think I was trying to over complicate it!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...