Splunk Search

Fill Multiple values in a field

Jazzyb

I have some numeric values that is coming from job search results and the result is saved in tokens. These values are numeric. How can I make bar chart to see whether values are increasing or decreasing. Example 

Value 1 = 100

value 2 = 200

value 3 = 300

Now, how can I assign multiple values to a field with the help of eval like this we do for single value 

| eval new_field = “value1’’.. instead of one value I want to keep multiple values. Thanks 

Labels (1)
0 Karma

Jazzyb

thanks but this solves my half problem. The values are treated as string here and my values are numbers and based on these numbers, I will create a bar graph. These values are basically  total count from csv files. Each file will generate a Total count and these counts are stored in token. And based on these token values I will create a bar graph. Also tonumber(string) does not convert the entire field to integer.. 

New_Field

So above will be the data. New_Field will have 3 values and I want to make graph based on these values.. 

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Do you mean a multi-value field?

| eval new_field=mvappend(value1,value2,value3)

Or do you want separate events for each token value?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...