Splunk Search

Extract JSON data using transforms

karthikm
Loves-to-Learn Everything

Here is my sample log 

2024-07-08T04:43:32.468537+00:00 dxx1-dbxxxs.xxx.net MSSQLSERVER[0] {"EventTime":"2024-07-08 04:43:32","Hostname":"dx1-dbxxxs.xxx.net","Keywords":45035996273704960,"EventType":"AUDIT_SUCCESS","SeverityValue":2,"Severity":"INFO","EventID":44444,"SourceName":"MSSQLSERVER","Task":5,"RecordNumber":1234343410,"ProcessID":0,"ThreadID":0,"Channel":"Application","Message":"Audit event:lkjfd:sdfkjhf:Askjhdfsdf","Category":"None","EventReceivedTime":"2024-07-08 04:43:32","SourceModuleName":"default-inputs","SourceModuleType":"im_msvistalog"}#015

Here is my config

props.conf

[dbtest:test] #mysourcetype
TRANSFORMS-extract_kv_pairs = extract_json_data

transforms.conf

[extract_json_data]
REGEX = "(\w+)":"?([^",}]+)"?
FORMAT = $1::$2
WRITE_META = true

The same Regex is working in Regex101 here is the test link https://regex101.com/r/rt3bly/1

I am not sure why its not working in my log extraction. 

Any help is highly appreciated. Thanks

Labels (3)
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

In what way is it "not working"? Are you getting some of the fields, none of the fields, it is only working for some of the events, it is not working for only some sort of data? Do you need to escape the double quotes in the regex?

0 Karma

karthikm
Loves-to-Learn Everything

I don't see any fields extracted under in the search head. 

This config is placed in the heavy forwarder in the same app where the input is mentioned.

Even in the search head Extract Fields tester the Regex just gives a check mark for all the events saying its a valid regex but doesn't display any Events. Assuming $1::$2 will be used to assign the field name and field value.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Let’s Talk Terraform

If you’re beyond the first-weeks-of-a-startup stage, chances are your application’s architecture is pretty ...

Cloud Platform | Customer Change Announcement: Email Notification is Available For ...

The Notification Team is migrating our email service provider. As the rollout progresses, Splunk has enabled ...

Save the Date: GovSummit Returns Wednesday, December 11th!

Hey there, Splunk Community! Exciting news: Splunk’s GovSummit 2024 is returning to Washington, D.C. on ...