Splunk Search

Display "stats" Search as a Single Value from Summary Index

curry59

Hello,

Normally, I would use the following search to find my single value:

| tstats latest(_time) as latest where host=($SERVERNAME) by host
| eval noDataTime = now() - latest
| eval status = if(noDataTime>600,"HOST DOWN" ,if(noDataTime>300,"Warning","Available"))
| stats count(eval(status="Available")) AS Available

I am now forwarding the machine data to a summary index that my host names are now listed as "orig_host" in the fields. This will not allow me to run tstats, so I made the following search to find the status of the servers:

orig_host=("$SERVERNAME)
| stats latest(_time) as latest by orig_host
| eval noDataTime = now() - latest
| eval status = if(noDataTime>600,"HOST DOWN" ,if(noDataTime>300,"Warning","Available"))
| convert ctime(latest)

This will list the servers and show their status as HOST DOWN, Warning and Available. I would like to convert this to a single value, which in the past I used "stats count", but have already used "stats" in the search previously. How would I change my search of "orig_host" to a single value? Thank you!

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

jplumsdaine22
Influencer

You can use stats twice if you like! Just append

to the end of the search

View solution in original post

0 Karma

jplumsdaine22
Influencer

You can use stats twice if you like! Just append

to the end of the search

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Day 0

Hello Splunk Community! My name is Chris, and I'm based in Canberra, Australia's capital, and I travelled for ...

Enhance Security Visibility with Splunk Enterprise Security 7.1 through Threat ...

(view in My Videos)Struggling with alert fatigue, lack of context, and prioritization around security ...

Troubleshooting the OpenTelemetry Collector

In this tech talk, you’ll learn how to troubleshoot the OpenTelemetry collector - from checking the ...