Splunk Search

Dates cluttered in X-axis

freephoneid
Path Finder

Hi,

I've column chart which uses below query:

index=test | stats last(_time) AS time by customerid | convert timeformat="%Y-%m-%d" ctime(time) AS datetime | stats count(customerid) by datetime

The above chart works fine & displays dates on X-axis. I've also added timerangepicker drop-down so that it displays the results based on the date range selected in drop-down. However, if I select "Last 30 Days", then the dates on X-axis become all cluttered & does not look good.

Is there any way I can show only certain dates whenever I select large time range (just like timechart)??

If this is not possible, how can I convert above query to use the timechart so that it won't clutter the dates?

Thanks!

Tags (2)

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

You are correct, the only good way to get flexible ("nice") automatically adjusting X-axis labels for times is to use timechart. Try something like this:

index=test | timechart span=1h dc(customerid)

Or maybe this:

index=test | timechart span=1h count

BTW, when I do things like this, I create a simple XML form with 2 controls: Chart Timespan/Width (which is the timepicker repackaged) and Interval-Span/Bucket-Size which is the span=1h part with hard-coded options like this:
5 minutes
15 minutes
30 minutes
1 hour
2 hours
6 hours
1 day

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Updated Team Landing Page in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to the team landing page in Splunk Observability, based on your feedback. The ...

New! Splunk Observability Search Enhancements for Splunk APM Services/Traces and ...

Regardless of where you are in Splunk Observability, you can search for relevant APM targets including service ...

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...