Splunk Search

Create Alert if condition is met?

Chinni611
Loves-to-Learn Lots

Hi , 

I have a scenario where the files needs to be transferred for both inbound and outbound at 2 am daily. 

I need to create an alert when files are present in inbound by 2 am but missing in outbound by 2 am . 

Here is my query below. please help 

index=cas source="/bin/var/logs/log"  File 1OR File 2 OR File 3 OR File 4 Inbound 

for outbound condition is to change to outbound and File 1 represents the file that is getting transferred 

Labels (2)
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @Chinni611,

could you better describe how to recognize inbound from outbound?

in oher words; is there a string in one event? or there's a file with a different name?

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

Chinni611
Loves-to-Learn Lots

differentiation is just by IP address for inbound (x.x.x) or not api - outbound is api.com address .File is same ( file is getting transported to both the places first inbound and later outbound) we need to track if file is present in inbound but missing in outbound at 2:01 am daily 

0 Karma

johnhuang
Motivator

Could you provide some sample data?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...