Splunk Search

Count Single Occurrence Based On Value

fward92
Engager

Hello, 

Need some help with the below. We have multiple entries for a single IP that has multiple results as the Status Field - I want to know 'How many Hosts Passed, How many Failed and how any were Not Attempted'

IPStatus
10.50.50.50Passed

Failed

10.50.50.50Not Attempted
10.60.60.60Passed
10.60.60.60Failed
10.70.70.70Passed

If I simply do Stats count by Status, i get the below:

Passed: 3
Failed: 2
Not Attempted: 1

But i know there are only 3 IP's so i need a way to know if a host Passed once - Mark it as Passed only

• Count if an IP has a Status of Passed, mark it as 'Passed' 
  • If an IP has a status of Failed and Failed only, then count it as failed
  • If an IP has a status of Not Attempted and Not Attempted only then mark it as Not Attempted   

So the output should be the same as the below (Because once an IP has a 'Passed', it shouldn't count towards the other values):
Passed: 3
Failed: 0
Not Attempted: 0

Hope the above makes sense and appreciate the help!

Labels (3)
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @fward92,

if it's acceptable for you to take the last value for each IP, try something like this:

your_search
| stats last(Status) AS Status BY IP
| stats count BY Status

Ciao.

Giuseppe

fward92
Engager

Unfortunately, the values in the Status field appear in different orders - Is there a way to do multiple eval commands that take both a 'contains failed' AND Does not contain 'Passed' AS Count_Failed

Something like that might work

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @fward92,

I haven't your data so I cannot test your conditions, but anyway, you can apply the approch of this sample:

index=_internal
| stats values(source) AS source dc(source) AS dc_source BY user
| eval status=if(dc_source=1 OR match(source,"scripted"),"OK","NOK")

In few words:

• if you have only one value you take it,
  • if you have more values you takes the ones that match a word,
  • then you can exclude the "NOK".

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...