Splunk Search

Correlation between 3 sources with 2 IDs

jsp
Engager

I have 3 sourcetypes, and am trying to correlate them based off of 2 IDs. Here is an oversimplified example of the data and what I am trying to achive:

index=books sourcetype=titles
fields: title   title_id    queue_id

index=books sourcetype=authors
fields: author  title_id

index=books sourcetype=locations
fields: location    queue_id

What is the easiest way to get title, author, location, title_id, queue_id in one row of results, based on a search for a title?

Tags (2)
0 Karma

alacercogitatus
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

index=books sourcetype=titles title=TITLE | join type=outer title_id [search index=books sourcetype=authors ]|join type=outer queue_id [search index=books sourcetype=locations]| stats count by title author location title_id queue_id

Should get you started. join's are a little ineffective, but if you make them static lookups, they would run faster.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...