Splunk Search

Convert Decimal to Time Format

nlisle

Hello, 

I currently have the below search will calculates on average how much time is being spent on the alerts that Splunk generates. On average, it has been calculated that 15 minutes would be spent on each alert for investigation etc. Therefore the below search was written. 

index="_internal" sourcetype="scheduler" thread_id="AlertNotifier*" alert_actions=email savedsearch_name=*
| stats count
| eval count=count/4

Result example: 14 Results x 15 Minutes = 210 Minutes/3 Hours 30 Minutes. My results are showing as '3.5 Hours. '

How could I change this so my final results will be in the format of '3 Hours 30 Minutes'.

Thanks.

N. 

Labels (2)
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @nlisle,

you can use the tostring function (with the "duration" option) in the eval command, something like this:

| eval count=tostring(count,"duration") 

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
index="_internal" sourcetype="scheduler" thread_id="AlertNotifier*" alert_actions=email savedsearch_name=*
| stats count
| eval count=count * 15 * 60
| eval count=tostring(count,"duration")
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...