Splunk Search

Configure alert to send email to a certain field value?

evallja
Path Finder

Hello everyone,

I have the following results when running my search:

_time                                        user             connection
1 2023-01-09 20:36:04   john        Transport closing
2 2023-01-09 20:32:45   brian      DPD failure
3 2023-01-09 19:44:26   tom         assigned to session

Please, I want to configure an alert to send the _raw field by email to the specific user (by adding @gmail.com), every time it returns results from that user, (ex. john@gmail.com, brian@gmail.com, tom@gmail.com)

Thank you in advance.

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

PaulPanther
Builder

Just use eval to set up a new internal field  

| eval _mail_address=user + "@gmail.com," 

and then use this field in your alert as recipient $result._mail_address$. Finally set the trigger to "For each result" to send each line to the specific mail_address.

View solution in original post

PaulPanther
Builder

Just use eval to set up a new internal field  

| eval _mail_address=user + "@gmail.com," 

and then use this field in your alert as recipient $result._mail_address$. Finally set the trigger to "For each result" to send each line to the specific mail_address.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...