Splunk Search

Conditional Filter count results in chart

dchodur
Path Finder
index=rhwindows sourcetype="WinEventLog:System" Type=Error OR Type=Warning NOT (*PrintSpooler OR *SpoolerWin32SPL) earliest=-24h@h latest=now | chart count over host by SourceName

Hopefully simple one:
Given the search above how do I only display counts that are greater then one for SourceName of a host.

Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

vyhmeister

I had a similar need, this worked for me:

...| stats count as Total by host, SourceName | search Total > 5 | chart last(Total) over host by SourceName

0 Karma

dchodur
Path Finder

Finally got back to this:

Found this post:
http://splunk-base.splunk.com/answers/56425/counting-distinct-field-values-and-dislaying-count-and-v...

Using this idea I did something like this.
| stats count by SourceName host | search count > 2 | table SourceName, host, count | sort -count

Not the way I really wanted it but it works.

0 Karma

dchodur
Path Finder

Sort of, I dont want any host where the count in any column of the columns is less then 2. A lot of these systems generate some one off events, I do not want to display those. I would assume if a host has a 28 in a column the others will still need to be zero or 1 because the host is listed.

If there was a better way to chart/table these I would be up for that. Maybe a multi listing or something.

Trying to make it easier to read and see issue spots.

0 Karma

bmacias84
Champion

@dchodur, did you try my new search in my answer using streamstats?

0 Karma

dchodur
Path Finder

Sort of, I dont want any host where the count in any column of the columns is less then 2. A lot of these systems generate some one off events, I do not want to display those. I would assume if a host has a 28 in a column the others will still need to be zero or 1 because the host is listed.

If there was a better way to chart/table these I would be up for that. Maybe a multi listing or something.

0 Karma

dchodur
Path Finder

0 Karma

dchodur
Path Finder

0 Karma

dchodur
Path Finder

Apprechiate the response still not acting like I want. Maybe an example best.

host    DnsApi  Kerberos    Microsoft-Windows-GroupPolicy   Microsoft-Windows-Resource-Exhaustion-Detector  Microsoft-Windows-Service Control Manager   Microsoft-Windows-Time-Service  PlugPlayManager     Print   Service Control Manager Eventlog Provider   TermServDevices
1   CLAIMS  0   0   0   0   0   0   0   2   0   0
2   DIVSRV  0   0   0   0   0   6   0   0   0   0
3   MQVMa   0   0   0   0   0   0   226 0   0   0
4   MQVMb   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   1
5   PASSEXTN1   0   0   28  0   0   0   0   0   0   0
6   RHEDOC  0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   1
7   VIPPsrv 1   0   0   0   0   7   0   0   0   0

I want to drop off systems like MQVMb, RHEDOC since they only have a count of one in any of the columns.

When I do the suggested way or anything where I seem to conditional count I loose systems lineMQVMa and the 226 or PASSEXTn1 28.

Sure I am just not building out the search correctly from the git go.

0 Karma

bmacias84
Champion

@dchodur,
I've added an update.

0 Karma

bmacias84
Champion

So you want to drop any host whos total sourceName count is less than 5?

0 Karma

bmacias84
Champion

I would use a where clause and stats. Keep in mind I am doing this off the cuff.

...|stats count by host, SourceName| where count>5 | chart count over host by SourceName

This may get you closer. Also might work better with subsearch.

...|stats count by host, SourceName| streamstats sum(count) as total_count by host |selfjoin host |where total_count>5 | chart count over host by SourceName

This should do what you want or give you an idea. Dont forget to accept and/or vote up anwser that help.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...