Splunk Search

Compare two fields from different sources

gnoellbn
Explorer

Hello,

I'm trying to compare a host field from two different sources. I've managed to do that with the following serach :

source="/home/conf/admin/log/nouveaux_clients.txt" OR source="WinEventLog:Security" | eval common_host=coalesce(hote, host) | stats dc(source) as occur by common_host | where occur>1

This gives me a table with all the fields that exist in both. However I'm trying to find a way to show what is in my first source but isn't in my second.

Hope I was clear enough 😉

Tags (1)
0 Karma

kristian_kolb
Ultra Champion

Ok, this will solve the 'exists only in first' problem.

source="/home/conf/admin/log/nouveaux_clients.txt" NOT [search source="WinEventLog:Security" | dedup host | rename host as hote| fields +hote]| stats values(hote) as only_in_first

/K

0 Karma

gnoellbn
Explorer

I'd say on the same it would be ideal but then if it's not possible we'll manage with two different searches 😉

0 Karma

lukejadamec
Super Champion

Did you want a separate search with its own table, or did you want to modify this search to also include what is in the first by not in the second?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...