Splunk Search

Compare two fields from different sources

gnoellbn
Explorer

Hello,

I'm trying to compare a host field from two different sources. I've managed to do that with the following serach :

source="/home/conf/admin/log/nouveaux_clients.txt" OR source="WinEventLog:Security" | eval common_host=coalesce(hote, host) | stats dc(source) as occur by common_host | where occur>1

This gives me a table with all the fields that exist in both. However I'm trying to find a way to show what is in my first source but isn't in my second.

Hope I was clear enough 😉

Tags (1)
0 Karma

kristian_kolb
Ultra Champion

Ok, this will solve the 'exists only in first' problem.

source="/home/conf/admin/log/nouveaux_clients.txt" NOT [search source="WinEventLog:Security" | dedup host | rename host as hote| fields +hote]| stats values(hote) as only_in_first

/K

0 Karma

gnoellbn
Explorer

I'd say on the same it would be ideal but then if it's not possible we'll manage with two different searches 😉

0 Karma

lukejadamec
Super Champion

Did you want a separate search with its own table, or did you want to modify this search to also include what is in the first by not in the second?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...