Splunk Search

Compare current and last one hour event value in same search.

vaibhavvijay9

Hi All,

I have to monitor the queues. And for that I have made the basic dashboard where it shows the details. Details are like : queueName, inTotalMsgs, outTotalMsgs, pendingMsgCount and dedup the queueName.

Now, what I want is (another search [new]): "If the current pendingMsg count is greater than or equal to the last one hour count, then display the queueName with label - 'Queue with no processing since last one hour' "
(OR we can say the outTotalMsgs is same for now and last one hour event)

Example :
My basic new search no dedup applied, but currently I have written only one queueName :

..... | xmlkv | table _time, qName, pendingMsgCount, inTotalMsgs, outTotalMsgs

Timestamp (last 60 minutes) - (22/02/2019 06:58:00.000 to 22/02/2019 07:58:13.000)

Results : only one queueName (124 events)

• first two :
    alt text

• last two :
    alt text

So, for this queueName, the pendingMsg count is same and hence it should be displayed in results for dashboard - 'Queue with no processing since last one hour'.

I am not able to achieve this, please help!

Thanks in advance!

0 Karma

renjith_nair
Legend

@vaibhavvijay9 ,

Try

| xmlkv | table _time, qName, pendingMsgCount, inTotalMsgs, outTotalMsgs|dedup _time,qName
 |sort _time,qName
 |streamstats last(pendingMsgCount) as prev current=f by qName
 |eval diff=pendingMsgCount-prev| where diff>=0

This should give you Q names which haven't processed in last hour

Happy Splunking!
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...