Splunk Search

Combine table rows

lgroot
Explorer

Hi everyone,

I've got a question about a query i have made:

index=security-mijnssp "View rendered = /error.jspx" OR "Er is een fout opgetreden op de JSF pagina"  | rex "BSN=(?P<BSN>[^<]+) View" | rex "INFO  n.s.m.w.l(?P<INFO>[^<]+)"|rex "ERROR n.s.m.w.l(?P<ERROR>[^<]+)"|  table INFO,BSN, ERROR, _time

Is it possible to combine the results of this query in one row?
So that the INFO,BSN,ERROR and time are in one row?

alt text

0 Karma
1 Solution

somesoni2
Revered Legend

You would be able to combine this if they have a common field that can correlate them. From the example/screenshot, only common field I can see is _time, so my answer is based on _time, change the field if there are any other common fields.

Update
Actually BSN is the common field, so updating it to BSN

index=security-mijnssp "View rendered = /error.jspx" OR "Er is een fout opgetreden op de JSF pagina"  | rex "BSN=(?P<BSN>[^<]+) View" | rex "INFO  n.s.m.w.l(?P<INFO>[^<]+)"|rex "ERROR n.s.m.w.l(?P<ERROR>[^<]+)"|  table INFO,BSN, ERROR, _time |stats values(*) as * by BSN

View solution in original post

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

You would be able to combine this if they have a common field that can correlate them. From the example/screenshot, only common field I can see is _time, so my answer is based on _time, change the field if there are any other common fields.

Update
Actually BSN is the common field, so updating it to BSN

index=security-mijnssp "View rendered = /error.jspx" OR "Er is een fout opgetreden op de JSF pagina"  | rex "BSN=(?P<BSN>[^<]+) View" | rex "INFO  n.s.m.w.l(?P<INFO>[^<]+)"|rex "ERROR n.s.m.w.l(?P<ERROR>[^<]+)"|  table INFO,BSN, ERROR, _time |stats values(*) as * by BSN
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...

Updated Team Landing Page in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to the team landing page in Splunk Observability, based on your feedback. The ...

New! Splunk Observability Search Enhancements for Splunk APM Services/Traces and ...

Regardless of where you are in Splunk Observability, you can search for relevant APM targets including service ...