Splunk Search

Combine table rows

lgroot
Explorer

Hi everyone,

I've got a question about a query i have made:

index=security-mijnssp "View rendered = /error.jspx" OR "Er is een fout opgetreden op de JSF pagina"  | rex "BSN=(?P<BSN>[^<]+) View" | rex "INFO  n.s.m.w.l(?P<INFO>[^<]+)"|rex "ERROR n.s.m.w.l(?P<ERROR>[^<]+)"|  table INFO,BSN, ERROR, _time

Is it possible to combine the results of this query in one row?
So that the INFO,BSN,ERROR and time are in one row?

alt text

0 Karma
1 Solution

somesoni2
Revered Legend

You would be able to combine this if they have a common field that can correlate them. From the example/screenshot, only common field I can see is _time, so my answer is based on _time, change the field if there are any other common fields.

Update
Actually BSN is the common field, so updating it to BSN

index=security-mijnssp "View rendered = /error.jspx" OR "Er is een fout opgetreden op de JSF pagina"  | rex "BSN=(?P<BSN>[^<]+) View" | rex "INFO  n.s.m.w.l(?P<INFO>[^<]+)"|rex "ERROR n.s.m.w.l(?P<ERROR>[^<]+)"|  table INFO,BSN, ERROR, _time |stats values(*) as * by BSN

View solution in original post

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

You would be able to combine this if they have a common field that can correlate them. From the example/screenshot, only common field I can see is _time, so my answer is based on _time, change the field if there are any other common fields.

Update
Actually BSN is the common field, so updating it to BSN

index=security-mijnssp "View rendered = /error.jspx" OR "Er is een fout opgetreden op de JSF pagina"  | rex "BSN=(?P<BSN>[^<]+) View" | rex "INFO  n.s.m.w.l(?P<INFO>[^<]+)"|rex "ERROR n.s.m.w.l(?P<ERROR>[^<]+)"|  table INFO,BSN, ERROR, _time |stats values(*) as * by BSN
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

How to Get Started with Splunk Data Management Pipeline Builders (Edge Processor & ...

If you want to gain full control over your growing data volumes, check out Splunk’s Data Management pipeline ...

Out of the Box to Up And Running - Streamlined Observability for Your Cloud ...

Tech Talk Streamlined Observability for Your Cloud Environment Register    Out of the Box to Up And Running ...

Splunk Smartness with Brandon Sternfield | Episode 3

Hello and welcome to another episode of "Splunk Smartness," the interview series where we explore the power of ...