Splunk Search

Combine table rows

lgroot
Explorer

Hi everyone,

I've got a question about a query i have made:

index=security-mijnssp "View rendered = /error.jspx" OR "Er is een fout opgetreden op de JSF pagina"  | rex "BSN=(?P<BSN>[^<]+) View" | rex "INFO  n.s.m.w.l(?P<INFO>[^<]+)"|rex "ERROR n.s.m.w.l(?P<ERROR>[^<]+)"|  table INFO,BSN, ERROR, _time

Is it possible to combine the results of this query in one row?
So that the INFO,BSN,ERROR and time are in one row?

alt text

0 Karma
1 Solution

somesoni2
Revered Legend

You would be able to combine this if they have a common field that can correlate them. From the example/screenshot, only common field I can see is _time, so my answer is based on _time, change the field if there are any other common fields.

Update
Actually BSN is the common field, so updating it to BSN

index=security-mijnssp "View rendered = /error.jspx" OR "Er is een fout opgetreden op de JSF pagina"  | rex "BSN=(?P<BSN>[^<]+) View" | rex "INFO  n.s.m.w.l(?P<INFO>[^<]+)"|rex "ERROR n.s.m.w.l(?P<ERROR>[^<]+)"|  table INFO,BSN, ERROR, _time |stats values(*) as * by BSN

View solution in original post

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

You would be able to combine this if they have a common field that can correlate them. From the example/screenshot, only common field I can see is _time, so my answer is based on _time, change the field if there are any other common fields.

Update
Actually BSN is the common field, so updating it to BSN

index=security-mijnssp "View rendered = /error.jspx" OR "Er is een fout opgetreden op de JSF pagina"  | rex "BSN=(?P<BSN>[^<]+) View" | rex "INFO  n.s.m.w.l(?P<INFO>[^<]+)"|rex "ERROR n.s.m.w.l(?P<ERROR>[^<]+)"|  table INFO,BSN, ERROR, _time |stats values(*) as * by BSN
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Combine Multiline Logs into a Single Event with SOCK - a Guide for Advanced Users

This article is the continuation of the “Combine multiline logs into a single event with SOCK - a step-by-step ...

Everything Community at .conf24!

You may have seen mention of the .conf Community Zone 'round these parts and found yourself wondering what ...

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...