Splunk Search

Check status in progress with closed/resolved

l-mss-n3

Hi,

I am trying to create an alert that I need check if status "work in progress" was opened for more than 1 hour, if status work in progress was opened for than 1 hour and doesn't have the status resolved or closed trigger the alert.

My search eventtype=sc_status | search id!="" AND (status="work in progress" OR status="closed" OR status="Resolved") | search id="IM5020749" | table _time, id, status

Return this:
_time id status
2015-07-03 11:55:40 IM5020749 Resolved
2015-07-03 10:03:36 IM5020749 Work in progress

Tags (2)
0 Karma

alacercogitatus
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Try this search:

eventtype=sc_status  ( status="work in progress" OR status="closed" OR status="Resolved") | transaction id startswith="work in progress" endswith="Resolved" maxspan=4h | search duration > 3600 | stats count by id status

This will pull all the events you require, combine them using transaction, and then only return the ones that are over an hour in duration.

0 Karma

l-mss-n3

This search works well, however the search returns always Work in progress+Resolved and I would like the alert shows me status work in progress opened for more than 1 hour.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...