Splunk Search

Change table data

creemer
Explorer

Hello!
I had rendered table.
How can I change cell value in this table from my Javascript?
And after that i want to save this changed table to lookup, like CSV, if it is possible...

Tags (2)
0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@creemer, based on further description seems like you need to edit and update a lookup file. This is a use case for KV Store where you can modify individual fields on a frequent basis. Following are couple of your options:

1) Try the Lookup File Editor from Splunkbase
2) Try out the KVStore Tutorial built using Splunk HTML dashboard

creemer
Explorer

I mean, for example:
I had the output from this search:

index="_internal" | timechart count(ev) as cnt span=5m

And want to change some value in some cell in "cnt" column by click on it.
I click on it, then appears some modal, or popup with input, where I can write some other value for this cell, can I ?
And after changing, I want to save it to CSV...

How may I grab all the data from table, for example in array(or anything else)?

PS Sorry for my english... 🙂

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@creemer, for changing the cell value using Simple XML JS Extesion with Splunk JS Stack, please refer to Splunk Dashboard Examples app, which has couple of Examples for Table Cell Highlighting and Table Row Highlighting which access and modify cell value through TableView.BaseCellRenderer.extend

For pushing Table results to CSV refer to answer below:
https://answers.splunk.com/answers/600664/dashboard-button-to-run-spl-on-click.html#answer-606447

Can you also add details of what is the kind of table cell value that you are planning to make? Can it not happen directly via Search query?

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...