Splunk Search

Can we use DBconnect lookup for correlation of lookup file data with DB input data before indexing?

arrangineni
Path Finder

Hello,

I just want to know if this scenario can be achieved in splunk with DB connect Lookups . I am getting data from the Database through DBconnect inputs and I want to correlate my database data with a CSV file data, but I need to happen this within the DB connect input SQL query execution.

Is it possible to do this or any other alternative?

Thanks

0 Karma
1 Solution

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Yes, the dbconnect app supports sql query directly via lookups.

You can also use the dbxquery search command combined with the outputlookup command to generate lookups on the fly or by scheduling the search to run at certain times.

Please refer to the dbconnect documentation on how to do so.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Yes, the dbconnect app supports sql query directly via lookups.

You can also use the dbxquery search command combined with the outputlookup command to generate lookups on the fly or by scheduling the search to run at certain times.

Please refer to the dbconnect documentation on how to do so.

0 Karma

arrangineni
Path Finder

Thanks for your reply. But what I am looking for is I already have a CSV file with me in Splunk and I wanted it to be correlated with the database input before the resultant data gets indexed into splunk to skip the unwanted data and index only the matched field. Any advise?

0 Karma

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Yes you can do that with dbxquery command, lookup and collect commands

So you upload your CSV as lookup and do a search like this:

| dbxquery ... | lookup csvFileName.csv ... | collect index=indexName

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...