Splunk Search

Can't Preview Source Type When Uploading Data

HankinAlex
Explorer

I am trying to create a props.conf to pass a custom timestamp. To do so I wanted to upload data and use the set source type page to configure timestamp parameters and then copy the props.conf to clipboard.

However, the preview on this page does not update when I click "Apply Settings". The preview only changes when I select a new source type from the dropdown next to "Save As", changing anything in "Event Breaks", "Timestamp", or "Advanced" does nothing.

Some thing to note is there is a red exclamation point in the top left saying "Can only preview uploaded files", unsure what this means.

When I do save the data and search it, it DOES look like the source type changes I made took effect, but this really isn't a feasible way to test and configure my parameters. Any way to get this visible in "Add Data"s preview?

Labels (3)
0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | Forward, I’m heavy; backward, I’m not. What am I?

April 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

A Guide To Cloud Migration Success

As enterprises’ rapid expansion to the cloud continues, IT leaders are continuously looking for ways to focus ...

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...