Splunk Search

Can Search Head Pooling be enabled at install time?

chris
Motivator

We would like to automate the installation of our search heads (we use puppet on a Solaris environment) is there an installation option to enable search head pooling when you install?

I'd prefer not to copy/move the files under $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps around if I do not have to.

Thanks for helping,

Chris

0 Karma
1 Solution

MuS
Legend

Hi chris

in Puppet you are able to run commands as part of the install/setup, therefore you can execute the splunk cli

splunk pooling enable <path_to_shared_storage>

as written in the docs

View solution in original post

MuS
Legend

Hi chris

in Puppet you are able to run commands as part of the install/setup, therefore you can execute the splunk cli

splunk pooling enable <path_to_shared_storage>

as written in the docs

chris
Motivator

That is more or less what we are doing. We copy server.conf and etc/users & etc/apps to the right place with puppet after the installation of the package. It felt a bit "unclean" and I thought that there might be an easier way. But this approach works so I guess it is ok.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...