Splunk Search

Box Plot Viz

ericchaucl
Path Finder

HI,

I tried to install the Box Plot Viz downloaded from here --> https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/3157/#/details

However, the installation failed with error message: "There was an error processing the upload.Error during app install: failed to extract app from c:\windows\temp\tmp7bvdqu to C:\Program Files\Splunk\var\run\splunk\bundle_tmp\1b67b8f37873f7b6: The filename or extension is too long."

I tried to install this in Windows 10 (both Splunk server and web browser) and make sure the registry in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\FileSystem\LongPathsEnabled = 1 as suggested by similar post before.

Anyone successful install this app in Windows Splunk server? Any idea what should I do to install this app? Or any other chart like Box Plot? Thanks!

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

jfraiberg
Communicator

Have you tried just downloading the app and extracting it to the $SPLUNKHOME$\etc\apps directory manually and restarting?

View solution in original post

0 Karma

jfraiberg
Communicator

Have you tried just downloading the app and extracting it to the $SPLUNKHOME$\etc\apps directory manually and restarting?

0 Karma

karthikeyanD

i am getting error while unzipping boxplot.viz

0 Karma

ericchaucl
Path Finder

Yes, it works! Thanks a lot!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk Platform | Upgrading your Splunk Deployment to Python 3.9

Splunk initially announced the removal of Python 2 during the release of Splunk Enterprise 8.0.0, aiming to ...

From Product Design to User Insights: Boosting App Developer Identity on Splunkbase

co-authored by Yiyun Zhu & Dan Hosaka Engaging with the Community at .conf24 At .conf24, we revitalized the ...

Detect and Resolve Issues in a Kubernetes Environment

We’ve gone through common problems one can encounter in a Kubernetes environment, their impacts, and the ...