Splunk Search

Attempt to workaround 10k subsearch limit -- how to combine multiple lookup files?

the_wolverine
Champion

I'm breaking up my search and outputting the results into separate files. How can I combine these files into a single file once I'm done? .. Using Splunk UI, of course 😉

Example would be something like: | inputlookup lookupfile1.csv lookupfile2.csv lookupfile3.csv | dedup fieldname

1 Solution

ziegfried
Influencer

The append flag of the inputlookup command to the rescue (inputcsv supports it as well)

| inputlookup lookupfile1.csv append=1 | inputlookup lookupfile2.csv append=1 | inputlookup lookupfile2.csv append=1 | dedup fieldname

View solution in original post

ziegfried
Influencer

The append flag of the inputlookup command to the rescue (inputcsv supports it as well)

| inputlookup lookupfile1.csv append=1 | inputlookup lookupfile2.csv append=1 | inputlookup lookupfile2.csv append=1 | dedup fieldname

Ayn
Legend

It would be interesting to hear more about why the 10000 limit is there in the first place. I've encountered it loads of time by now (using inputlookup for loading blacklists of IP's that should be matched for instance) and it's of course frustrating to be limited like this. The question is if there's a very good reason for this limit to exist and have this specific value, like for instance that past 10000 search terms you won't increase performance with any additional terms?

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...