Splunk Search

Are there any public whitelist databases that can be used to filter good network traffic?

splunkboob
Explorer

i want to have an overview of malicious network traffic in my network and i decided to filter out all the "good" traffic to find the bad ones. I need a database of all the trusted IP addresses that contain the IPs of companies like social media (facebook, twitter etc), news (cnn, nbc etc), and all the other trusted websites that we often visit. is there a public database where all these IP addresses are kept so i can implement it on my splunk environment?

Labels (1)
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @splunkboob,

for my knowledge, you can find many services (someone gratis, someone on payment) that share a list of malitious sites, IPs, etc..., but not a list ow secure sites.

If you can access the Enterprise Security you can have all the available sites, some example could be:

https://www.splunk.com/en_us/blog/tips-and-tricks/how-to-pick-a-threat-intelligence-provider-kind-of...

MISP

MITRE Att&cK

etc...

There are many apps in Splunkbase for these sources.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...