Splunk Search

Anybody have an idea for base64 decoding of fields in Splunk 6.5

las
Contributor

Hi.

I have upgraded to Splunk 6.5, and have a new source, with some base64 encoded values.
I have tried looking at the varios add-ons, I could find, but none of them seems to support Splunk6.5.

Any ideas are welcome.

Thanks.

1 Solution

rjthibod
Champion

I don't think there is any other option (right now) than building your own command if you can't use an existing add-on/app.

Note, many times an add-on or an app built for 6.2 or 6.3 will actually work on 6.5 - the author hasn't tested or indicated as such on Splunkbase.

Regardless, looking at either of the two old apps/add-ons may be an opportunity for you to learn the ins and outs of building your own SPL commands.

View solution in original post

AVOLLMER
Explorer

I built a macro to convert base64 fields and append them to your search results since I wasn't able to install apps with my privileges.
https://answers.splunk.com/answers/35521/base64-decoding-in-search.html

0 Karma

rjthibod
Champion

I don't think there is any other option (right now) than building your own command if you can't use an existing add-on/app.

Note, many times an add-on or an app built for 6.2 or 6.3 will actually work on 6.5 - the author hasn't tested or indicated as such on Splunkbase.

Regardless, looking at either of the two old apps/add-ons may be an opportunity for you to learn the ins and outs of building your own SPL commands.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...