Splunk Search

All Time Search Earliest Workload

sle
Engager
<search>

<query>index="ourIndex"  sourcetype=$stype$ABC AND Is_Service_Account="True" OR Is_Service_Account="False"  earliest=-48h | eval DC=upper(DC) |  eval env1=case(DC like "%Q%","QA", DC like "%DEV%","DEV", true(), "PROD")  | search env1=$envPure$ AND $domainPure$ |rename DC AS domainPure | stats count </query>

<earliest>0</earliest>

<latest></latest>

</search>

If earliest=-48h and within the source code there is <earliest>0</earliest>, then if we enable an admission rule that disables All Time searches what would happen? 

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @sle ,

if you use earliest and/or latest fields in your main search, this value override the values that you have in the Time Picker, that's not relevant.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @sle,

good for you, see next time!

let me know if I can help you more, or, please, accept one answer for the other people of Community.

Ciao and happy splunking

Giuseppe

P.S.: Karma Points are appreciated 😉

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Day 0

Hello Splunk Community! My name is Chris, and I'm based in Canberra, Australia's capital, and I travelled for ...

Enhance Security Visibility with Splunk Enterprise Security 7.1 through Threat ...

(view in My Videos)Struggling with alert fatigue, lack of context, and prioritization around security ...

Troubleshooting the OpenTelemetry Collector

In this tech talk, you’ll learn how to troubleshoot the OpenTelemetry collector - from checking the ...