Splunk Search

Added data issues

malleva

Greetings,

I was told by my instructor to use your product for an assignment, however, I am not getting the results that are shown.  It seems as if Splunk is not reading the data from my files.  I was able to add the data but when I perform the search, it returns zero results.  Attached is a screenshot of what it should look like.  How do I accurately import my files?  

What search results should reflect.png

Here is a screenshot of what my results are showing:

What my results are showing.png

Please help.

Thanks,

Melissa

Labels (1)
0 Karma

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Do  this

| tstats count where index=* earliest=1 latest=now() by index _time span=1d

to see if you have data in any of your indexes. (And yes, the pipe character at the beginning is important)

If you do, you're probably searching using wrong timerange and that's why you're not getting any results.

If you don't get any results from the search above, you haven't imported the data properly.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk Platform | Upgrading your Splunk Deployment to Python 3.9

Splunk initially announced the removal of Python 2 during the release of Splunk Enterprise 8.0.0, aiming to ...

From Product Design to User Insights: Boosting App Developer Identity on Splunkbase

co-authored by Yiyun Zhu & Dan Hosaka Engaging with the Community at .conf24 At .conf24, we revitalized the ...

Detect and Resolve Issues in a Kubernetes Environment

We’ve gone through common problems one can encounter in a Kubernetes environment, their impacts, and the ...