Splunk SOAR

Upgrade Path for 6.2.0.355? Documentation Unclear

catherinelam
Explorer

Hello, for this question, I am referencing the documentation page: https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/SOARonprem/6.2.2/Install/UpgradePathForUnprivilegedInstalls

There are two sets of conflicting information, and I do not know how to proceed with my ON PREMISE, UNPRIVILEGED, PRIMARY + WARM STANDBY CONFIGURATION (database is on the instances, not external):

• At the top of the documentation, it states:
    • Unprivileged Splunk SOAR (On-premises) running a release earlier than release 6.2.1 can be upgraded to Splunk SOAR (On-premises) release 6.2.1, and then to release 6.2.2.
      • It says CAN BE. So.... is it optional?
    • All deployments must upgrade to Splunk SOAR (On-premises) 6.2.1 before upgrading to higher releases in order to upgrade the PostgreSQL database.
      • It says MUST UPGRADE. So.... is it mandatory?
  • But then, towards the BOTTOM of the table, I'm looking at the row beginning with the entry stating that I am starting with version "6.2.0"
    • Steps 1 & 2 are conditionals for clustered and external PostGreSQL databases.
    • Step 3 goes directly to upgrading to 6.2.2.

So..... Do I, or do I NOT, upgrade to 6.2.1 first? 

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Karma

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You skipped the first point which says that early versions must be upgraded one by one until you reach 4.10.something. From there on you don't have to go version by version, you can skip straight to 6.2.1. But you can't upgrade from other version than 6.2.1 to 6.2.2.

That's how I read it.

0 Karma

catherinelam
Explorer

That's what I thought, too. So I was surprised when I looked at the upgrade path table and did not see it mention upgrading to 6.2.1 first, and then going to 6.2.2 if you started at 6.2.0. 🤔

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Monitoring Postgres with OpenTelemetry

Behind every business-critical application, you’ll find databases. These behind-the-scenes stores power ...

Mastering Synthetic Browser Testing: Pro Tips to Keep Your Web App Running Smoothly

To start, if you're new to synthetic monitoring, I recommend exploring this synthetic monitoring overview. In ...

Splunk Edge Processor | Popular Use Cases to Get Started with Edge Processor

Splunk Edge Processor offers more efficient, flexible data transformation – helping you reduce noise, control ...