Splunk SOAR (f.k.a. Phantom)

playbook id changes all the time

meshorer
Path Finder

hi,

I see that playbooks ID keep changing all the time.

can anyone explain the reasons to it?

thank you,

Daniel

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

phanTom
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@meshorer Understood but I am just wondering that you mean by tracking as the system "tracks" them. 

Yes there is a rest call to find the name based on the id:

xxx/rest/playbook/<id>/name

If you need to find an ID based on the name then you can also:

xxx/rest/playbook?_filter_name="<name>"

-- Happy SOARing! Please mark as a solution for future readers if it resolved your issue. --

View solution in original post

0 Karma

phanTom
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@meshorer whenever you update a playbook it will save with a different id to enable version control. 

Is something about it changing the id causing you some issues in automation (or other places)?

0 Karma

meshorer
Path Finder

@phanTom , thank you.

it is a bit difficult to keep track all the ID's, but I learned there is a rest query to get the name of the playbook from it's ID.

0 Karma

phanTom
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@meshorer Understood but I am just wondering that you mean by tracking as the system "tracks" them. 

Yes there is a rest call to find the name based on the id:

xxx/rest/playbook/<id>/name

If you need to find an ID based on the name then you can also:

xxx/rest/playbook?_filter_name="<name>"

-- Happy SOARing! Please mark as a solution for future readers if it resolved your issue. --

0 Karma

meshorer
Path Finder

"tracks" meaning that I plan to monitor logs to fire an alert when for example a playbook fails to execute.
in that case, I would probably need to identify which is the failing playbook by it's ID.

I have posted a new question about it 🙂

thank you

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Enter the Dashboard Challenge and Watch the .conf24 Global Broadcast!

The Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge is still happening, and it's not too late to enter for the week of ...

Join Us at the Builder Bar at .conf24 – Empowering Innovation and Collaboration

What is the Builder Bar? The Builder Bar is more than just a place; it's a hub of creativity, collaboration, ...

Combine Multiline Logs into a Single Event with SOCK - a Guide for Advanced Users

This article is the continuation of the “Combine multiline logs into a single event with SOCK - a step-by-step ...