Splunk SOAR (f.k.a. Phantom)

SOAR - Only add to the list when the condition is met?

newsplunker1
Path Finder

Hi,

I have a list of hosts  that i want to check their status , so  I have created an if statement to filter out the ones that does not meet the if statement , then i have an action to ping on the ones that met the IF statement

ex: 

host1, host2,host3,host4

if host==host1 OR host == host4 

The next action would be  scan ONLY ( host1 , host4)

I have the playbook working with all actions but i just could not figure out the way how to only process the hosts that meet the IF condition 

Thanks 

Tags (1)
0 Karma

phanTom
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@newf where is this IF statement?

Are you using it in a Code block with a python if statement, or are you using a decision/filter?

The best practise way to achieve what you want here is to use a decision and filter combination:

1. Decision has your if host = X OR host = Y Continue (Add an ELSE as another condition/out in the case of none matches)
2. Filter with the exact same config as the decision above
3. In the action block make sure to use the "filtered_data:<datapath to host value>" input and it should only pass through values that matched the filter condition.

If you are using a code block for your if statement then you need to add the values that pass to a python list, then output that from the code block to a format block setup like below:

%%
{0}
%%

0 = The code block output list

Then in the subsequent action use the "formatted_data.*" output for the action to loop through the contents of the list. 

The top way though it by far the best and simplest way to achieve what you want as code blocks should only be used for complicated data manipulation (Such as needing to do AND & OR in the same statement as decisions/filters can't do that).

-- If this helped solve your issue please mark as a solution! Happy SOARing! --

0 Karma

newsplunker1
Path Finder

@phanTom  Thanks for taking the time to look into this one for me 

So im using %% to loop through the list of host i want to scan/ping but my struglle i guess is how to output the result into a format/block where i can call it later on for other actions 

host 1 with index 1 and host 3 with index 3 pass the decision block so my next step is to only apply other actions on those ( host1/index1 , host3/index3 ) 

I hope i made this clearer than before 

Thanks 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...