Splunk SOAR (f.k.a. Phantom)

Customize Warm Standby Display Message

catherinelam
Loves-to-Learn

Good morning! Is there a way to update the display message on the Warm Standby instance when users navigate to it?

Labels (1)
0 Karma

phanTom
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@catherinelam I highly doubt it although it's probably somewhere on the system. 

My 1st question would have to be why? No-one should be going to the standby as it should be behind some DNS and/or LB that only sends traffic to the "active" box. 

If in doubt I would ask support as changing this, if possible, may cause issues with the support agreement. 

0 Karma

catherinelam
Loves-to-Learn

Great point about the DNS. Our concern was that, as brought up by our networking team, there might be a lag in when the DNS record gets updated during the manual switch and during that time we wanted to direct our users to the right URL, if possible. 

I'll reach out to support! It's not a high priority, but I didn't see anything in the UI. Thanks for replying 🙂

0 Karma

phanTom
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Gotcha and no worries, that's what I am here for 😁

If you have an LB that can do some kind of probing for the active box then it shouldn't matter if DNS has an issue as the LB will decide which is "healthy" and the DNS record just points to the LB if that makes sense?

Not done it myself but definitely heard it a few times in the Warm/Standby conversations around automating the failover. 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...