Splunk SOAR (f.k.a. Phantom)

Can I extend the limits of output in my playbook?

peterng_
Engager

I'm using Splunk SOAR 5.3.3. When I add 10 outputs for a playbook, the warning text appear "Limit 10 outputs reached". 

Can I extend the limits of output in my playbook? 

Labels (1)
0 Karma

phanTom
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@fkpp2 ah yes, apologies I saw 10 outputs and instantly went to CF 😄

I like your approach for the playbooks. Thanks for clarifying as I am sure it will help ppl in the future. 

0 Karma

fkpp2
Engager

Hi @peterng_ ,

probably a little bit late and you might have found a solution to this already.

What I am doing in case I need more than 10 input or output variables, is putting a JSON object into one of the variables and parse it in the parent/sub playbook accordingly.

BR,

Florian

0 Karma

phanTom
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@fkpp2 @peterng_ you can actually get them by using "nested JSON" in the output and can also use the datapath in the playbook without parsing. 

E.G.

output of CF = <field>

Output JSON {"field": {"sub-field1": "<value>", "sub-field2", "<value>"}}

Then just add the sub-field name to the datapath in the playbook:

phanTom_0-1673436501951.png

phanTom_1-1673436517835.png

-- If this helps please mark as a solution. Happy SOARing! --

0 Karma

fkpp2
Engager

When a CF comes into play, I agree with your approach.

Otherwise this is what I was suggesting, when trying to pass more than 10 variables to a sub playbook:

Main PB:

pb1.png

pb3.png

Sub PB:

pb2.png

You just need to json.loads() the ticket_input data according to your needs in a CF / code block and can access the fields as a datapath.

BR,

Florian

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...