community: "public"
  fields:
     name: "uptime"
    oid: ".1.3.6.1.2.1.1.3.0"

0 Karma

mnegron1
Engager

Thank you,

config is attached ... I've obscured the ip... 

Here's the log 

Apr 11 16:44:00  otelcol[142312]: 2024/04/11 16:44:00 main.go:89: application run finished with error: failed to resolve config: cannot resolve the configuration: cannot retrieve the configuration: configsource provider failed retrieving: yaml: line 91
: did not find expected key
Apr 11 16:44:00 systemd[1]: splunk-otel-collector.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
Apr 11 16:44:00 systemd[1]: splunk-otel-collector.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
Apr 11 16:44:01 systemd[1]: splunk-otel-collector.service: Scheduled restart job, restart counter is at 5.
Apr 11 16:44:01 systemd[1]: Stopped Splunk OpenTelemetry Collector.
Apr 11 16:44:01 systemd[1]: splunk-otel-collector.service: Start request repeated too quickly.
Apr 11 16:44:01  systemd[1]: splunk-otel-collector.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
Apr 11 16:44:01 systemd[1]: Failed to start Splunk OpenTelemetry Collector.

0 Karma

bishida
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I'm a little suspicious of the formatting after the line:

Could you try adjusting so it's like this?

fields:
  - name: "some_name"
    oid: "x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x"

If that doesn't help, if you could email me the agent_config.yaml, I'll take a closer look (the pdf kills the indentation). Just add "@splunk.com" to my username if you want to send it. Thanks!

0 Karma

bishida
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi,

Are you using the Splunk distribution of the OTel collector? You'll need it to use the smartagent receivers I think.  Here is a working example. Please note all the indentation since yaml is picky. If you want to share your agent_config.yaml, that may help.

snmp.png

0 Karma

mnegron1
Engager

I am in fact using the Splunk Otel Collector and have validated the indentation.

0 Karma

bishida
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Happy to take a look if you can share your agent_config.yaml file.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | Forward, I’m heavy; backward, I’m not. What am I?

April 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

A Guide To Cloud Migration Success

As enterprises’ rapid expansion to the cloud continues, IT leaders are continuously looking for ways to focus ...

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...