Splunk Observability Cloud

Health check extension shows "Server not available" after adding smartagent/jmx receiver?

Mironiken

I am using Splunk Distribution of OpenTelemetry Collector in kubernetes. Current solution is working just fine. But after I added section for the smartagent/jmx receiver with groovy script inside, healthcheck starts to show "Server not available" status.  Groovy script works, logs includes several

2022-11-07T11:12:14.730Z error subproc/core.go:114 Get result, and sent:0 {"kind": "receiver", "name": "smartagent/jmx", "pipeline": "metrics", "monitorID": "smartagentjmx", "monitorType": "jmx", "runnerPID": 42}

(I just added stderr to script)

There are not any other warn/errors in logs. Kubernetes just kills pod cause healthcheck.  My jmx config:

smartagent/jmx:
type: jmx
host: 0.0.0.0
port: 9999
intervalSeconds: 2
groovyScript: |
def printErr = System.err.&println
ss = util.queryJMX("com.hazelcast:name=MAP_NAME,instance=*,type=IMap").first()
dims = [env_name: "NAME"]
output.sendDatapoint(util.makeGauge("hazelcast.map.size", ss.size, dims))
printErr("Get result, and sent:" + ss.size)

Tell me where and how to dig? 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Day 0

Hello Splunk Community! My name is Chris, and I'm based in Canberra, Australia's capital, and I travelled for ...

Enhance Security Visibility with Splunk Enterprise Security 7.1 through Threat ...

(view in My Videos)Struggling with alert fatigue, lack of context, and prioritization around security ...

Troubleshooting the OpenTelemetry Collector

In this tech talk, you’ll learn how to troubleshoot the OpenTelemetry collector - from checking the ...